Monday, October 17, 2011

Howdy Neighbor

We are pretty secluded out here. We have neighbors on one side with about 10 acres of woods in between us and no one on the other side til you get to the end of the county road about half a mile or so down. Behind us is a beagle club which is basically just a big, open field.

We do have a lot of neighbors across the street from us, though. At least 50 or so I'd guess. It's hard to keep count. They are normally pretty quiet and keep to themselves, but they can get very loud at times!


Cows! I remember the first time we came out to see this property with our realtor, they were right up against the fence so close to the road I wanted to get out and take a closer look. After we moved here, every night for the first couple weeks I'd just go across the street and watch them. I tried to get them to come over to me, but apparently they don't come when you call them.

I love old red barns.

And to me, the only thing better than a cow is a baby cow, so imagine my excitement when I saw this.


!!! So cute! I stood across the street on the edge of our property watching them. The baby was scared of me and my camera, so I had to zoom like crazy and hope the pictures turned out.


Then baby got hungry!


So precious. I think I could watch them for hours.

Sometimes I can't believe how blessed we are. I feel so grateful to have the place of our dreams. It has been so amazing to watch all the changes that happen from summer to fall out in the country. One thing I've noticed is the past few weeks there have been flying beetles everywhere at dusk. The chickens are loving it! They run around and snatch them mid-air. I have to chase the chickens every night and force them to go in their coop because they love eating the beetles so much.

The leaves haven't changed too dramatically yet, but I'm thinking with it being cooler this week it might give them the push they need. Hopefully I can get some good shots of the changing leaves. I love fall!

~Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! We enjoy reading each and every one of your lovely comments.